The registration is closed!
The organizers encourage students to participate in the conference by subsidizing travel costs of those who would otherwise be unable to attend. The travel grants cover the competition registration fee, airfare, accomodation, and meals for the duration of the competition.
Who should apply?
Students with a track record and strong interest in the areas of localization, positioning, and air traffic surveillance are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to graduate students without sufficient travel funds.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted via email to Matthias before March 5, 2019 11:59 pm ET. An application consists of the student's curriculum vitae, a letter from the student, and a letter from the student's advisor with the contents described below.
The letter from the student must include (max. 1 page):
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
- An explanation as to why participating in the competition is important to you and which specific skills/experiences make you a competitive participant.
- A breakdown of your anticipated costs (airfare, hotel, competition registration fee).
The letter from the student's advisor should include (max. 1 page):
- Confirmation that the student is a student in good standing.
- Ways in which this particular student would benefit from participating in the competition.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- The level of monetary support necessary for the student to attend, and availability of funds from other sources.
Notification of acceptance will be on March 9, 2019.